Healthy Eating Tips
- Reduce sugar intake without compromising sweetness. Try using sweet tasting spices such as ginger, cloves, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Use the powder form of garlic and onion versus the salt form to cut down on sodium intake.
- Eliminate salt and boil pasta in herb-flavored water using spices such as basil and oregano.
- Cut down on calories from breaded foods, batters, gravies, sauces, and fried foods by using herbs and spices to season foods.
- Substitute fat free or low fat milk in recipes to cut down on fat content.
- Replace the oil in baked goods with applesauce. Your product will come out moist and reduced in fat.
- Introduce additional vegetables in soups and stews. Use meat as a garnish to reduce cholesterol.
- Microwave, bake, broil, or grill foods versus frying to lower fat.
- Add dry beans and lentils to dishes to increase the fiber and nutrient content.
- Incorporate fresh fruits whenever possible in desserts to reduce added processed sugars.
Interested in exhibiting in the Expo?
Contact Felicia Pastrano:
or call (210) 377.4757